Thursday, August 7, 2008

M.I.A. Remix



Sasha and I got together on a whim this past weekend and remixed 'Bucky Done Gun' by M.I.A.. I had a DJ gig that night at a bar in Fullerton called Fender and was going through some tunes on the laptop getting prepared.

It's been a while since I sat down and produced. In college I DJed and produced under the name Neosoul with my partner Scott Allen. We played all over the country and concerts, clubs and raves alongside the Dr. Freeclouds crew with the likes of Simply Jeff, DJ Dan, etc. Eventually we began to produce music and put out several records and remixes. The DJ and club scene is so different these days but the making music continues to be an incredible inspiration to me.

So I sat down with Sasha on Garageband and we just clicked instantly, not that it surprised me in the least. When Sasha and I first met I sensed an instant connection with him. I could tell right away that he wanted the same things I did and thought in many of the same ways. We share the same view on music, fashion and business which is a huge reason why The LifeStyle Group began.

Here's the track. Enjoy.







No comments: