Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Trend it Up!


Trendsetting
by Sheila R. Rose

So I have a bit of a spunky DIVA-like persona. (If you couldn’t already tell!) It’s why my radio personality name at Radio Disney Phoenix 1580 AM was “Sassy Sheila,” yo!

To live up to my own hype, I like to start and end my own trends. Like this past week I decided to end random sentences and thoughts with the word “yo.” I felt it gave my dialect a bit of an urban flare and sass that seemed to be missing as of late.

The best way to start a faux trend is to declare it right away. Basically, I told everyone I came into contact with about the grooviness of ending sentences with yo. Itslikeifyouwanttobecoolyoubetterstarteddoinitorelseyourafoolyo. Pretty soon people started following suit. I had yo’ers everywhere.

Yet, to really be a trendsetter, you have to end the trend almost as soon as you begin it. Therefore, as of 8 PM (PST) on August 26th, 2008, the whole YO thing will become so last week.

If you want to become a verbal trendsetter like moi, then you need to drop everything you are doing right now and head straight over to UrBAn DiCTiOnaRy, yo. All of us cool kids hang out there. Go ahead, click on over.

Note to Tim & Sasha: Where are the posts? I feel like a lone LifeStyler. Back a girl up, yo!

No comments: