Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Fall




My week sucked.  
By Sheila R. Rose

Hey sometimes they just do.

I really had to look back to see what I could have done better to make this week suck less. (Believe me, there is a lot I could have done!)  

I tend to be hard on myself. My little head will brood over my imperfections and mistakes for many dark hours.  In a way, this quality serves me well because I’m constantly changing, improving and growing as a daughter, friend, colleague and human being. But at some point you have to let go of feeling bad and just trust you will do better next time. 

Success is not being perfect all the time, but it’s getting better all the time.

Unrelated topic (in a way it’s also related).

I’m really fascinated by this personal brand extraordinaire and wine guru. I watched a video of him speaking at a conference and he said two things that specifically resonated with me… 1) Be completely transparent (you have to in this digital age) and 2) Do what you are passionate about.

Why does good advice sound so easy in theory and so utterly frightening in practice?  Or is that just me and a lingering of my bad week.  (wink, wink)

No comments: